Mail CGI script and SeLinux

Scott R. Godin scott.g at mhg2.com
Fri Jul 7 14:32:25 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 05:25 -0400, redhatdude at bellsouth.net wrote:
> Hi,
> I set up a perl script in my cgi-bin that would get the content of an
> html form and mail it to me. However, it doesn't work. I already
> enabled cgi support in selinux and set up the context of the script
> to -rwxr-xr-x  root root system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_script_exec_t
> FormMail.pl
> If I disable selinux everything works.
> Please advice what I should do for the email to get through.
> The logs are bellow.
> Thanks,
> EJ

WARNING:

If that's the one from Matt's Script Archive, get rid of it as fast as
you possibly can. It's known for its total swiss cheese approach to
security and is a well known point of ingress for black-hatters.

If you MUST have it, use the one from here:

http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/ which has been thoroughly sanitized by
some well-knowns in the perl community and works securely.

Perhaps a better question would be whether you enabled cgi-support in
apache... (httpd.conf)?