Video Cam

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sat Jul 8 21:05:36 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 17:04 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 11:54 -0400, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> >
> This is a webcam (where it perches atop your monitor and you wave at
> folks on the fly in your pajamas with it?)  and not a digital picture
> taking camera, say CHEESE type of thing with a flash and zoom and all
> that?

Correct, it's a webcam and NOT a digital camera.

> > Install gthumb and gnome-volume-manager. The camera must have two modes:
> > one for taking pictures, one for downloading them. Set it on download.
> > Then plug it in, turn it on and the gthumb importer should pop up.
>
> That wouldn't work for a webcam would it? Where video is just captured
> and streamed constantly? Regards, Ric

I wouldn't think it would, as mine is a webcam that video is captured
and streamed as you mentioned, not still.

Mainly I'm looking for an OS driver that might work (module or
whatever?) with this cam.  Although from what I have read so far from
different searches, it seems not much if any out there (although, not a
priority to get, so in no hurry and will even buy a cheap (Os supported
one) some type down the road.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sex is like air, it's not important unless your not getting any!"