Where can I find this firmware file?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jul 9 03:02:59 UTC 2006

Patrick wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 11:11 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> [snip]
>> Am I upset?, yes.  Apparently support for ndiswrapper has been removed,
>
> Removed from what? I have ndiswrapper running fine on my FC5 laptop with
> that crappy Broadcom radio. Came straight from the rpm.livna.org
> with "yum install ndiswrapper". If it is not available for
> FC4 I guess you could download the latest SRPM from that site and
> rebuild it yourself.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

In FC5, they've a new version of the driver in the latest kernels now,
and we are supposed to be able to make it work with the help of this
bcm43xx-fwcutter utility, so there are apparently no new
kmod-ndiswrapper modules for the newer kernels being made.  Hasn't been
one since 2133 TBE.

I followed the procedure thats supposed to make it work, but all I got
for my trouble was a lockup, complete and total, and it cost me several
hours and a boot to the ubuntu live cd to effect a transfer back to an
external radio via an ethernet cable.   I keep waiting, and running
yumex 2-3x a day, hoping we'll get a new kmod-ntfs for the last 2
kernels, but as of this morning, zip, nada, nothing.

--
Cheers, Gene