Where can I find this firmware file?

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Sun Jul 9 14:44:41 UTC 2006

Patrick <fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:

>I'm aware of the new bcm43xx module/driver and I have tried to make it
>work. The problem I'm having is more with wpa_supplicant and
>NetworkManager than the kernel module although the kernel module could
>use some improvements. Afaik the folks working on it are making great
>progress so I guess a little patience is the name of the game.

Can you describe in more detail what you're running into (e.g., dmesg
output)?  Unfortunately, I probably don't have a solution but I'm
running into a problem with bcm43xx timing out when it tries to
authenticate to my WAP and then it complains when the authentication
arrives after the timeout and it isn't expected.  I need to fire up my
laptop, grab the latest kernel and confirm that this behavior hasn't
changes but this is what I saw with the 2139 kernel.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce