Where can I find this firmware file?

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Sun Jul 9 20:45:22 UTC 2006

Patrick <fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:

>Sorry don't have any logs available. I've given up on it for now and
>will wait for FC6T2 and see if it goes away (and make resume work on the
>laptop too). Afaict 2145 has the issue too both with ndiswrapper and
>bcm43xx. Although when using ndiswrapper to authenticate to my AP it
>fails because ndiswrapper is asked to change the frequency which is not
>supported.
>
>Regards,
>Patrick

Just a data point.  It dawned on me that I should try separating the two
actions of bringing up my wireless NIC and authenticating to my WAP.  I
was able to get bcm43xx to do its thing and, as long as I didn't attempt
to connect to an encrypted wireless point, it worked just fine.  I was
able to scan the neighborhood using "iwlist eth1 scan" and "see" both my
WAP and those of several neighbors.  However, any attempt to get the
laptop to authenticate to my WAP failed in the same old way.

Also, someone on the bcm43xx development team seems to think that
failure to authenticate is a reason to shut down the radio.
Unfortunately, the only way to bring the radio back up is to "rmmod
bcm43xx" and then "modprobe bcm43xx."  Not one of the better design
decisions I've seen over the years.

Back to using ndiswrapper.

Cheers,
Dave