terminal services

Andy Burns fedora at adslpipe.co.uk
Mon Jul 10 09:35:56 UTC 2006

Rocky Skinner wrote:

> I've done some hunting, but the answer is still not very clear- has
> anyone got fedora (5 preferably) to work in a multi user environment,
> and have they got it working as a remote x-terminal via network?

Look into either enabling XDMCP in GDM if you're on a trusted LAN, or
use X11 tunnelling over SSH if you're on an untrusted WAN/Internet. In
both cases you'll need an X server on the remote client.

Or possibly NX or VNC (but I think *not* VINO if you need multi-user)

Just some google food for you ...