Speaking of fonts...

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 11 03:25:26 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot:

dj+fedora at delorie.com:
> I want a Firefox checkbox that says "ignore absolute font sizes
> specified in pixels".

The trouble with that is that webpages that specify stupidly tiny font
sizes, also tend to do the same for the containers around them.  If you
enlarge your fonts, they don't fit into the space they're situated in.
You end up with overlapping text, or parts of the text sliced off.

Bad example:  <http://www.jaycar.com.au/>  Try using their search gadget
when you've increased the font size above the size of a flea's bum.

> Alternately, one that says "when font sizes are specified in absolute
> pixels, pretend they said points instead".

That would just exchange one problem for another.

I read messages from the public lists.