FC6t1 networking problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 11:39:09 UTC 2006

I've installed FC6t1 on an old laptop that uses a Netgear FA411 PCMCIA
ethernet card.  After the install I could not get the network up at all.  The
network configuration gui showed the hardware as pcnet_cs.  Eventually I gave
up and rebooted.  After that I found that the configuration gui correctly
described it as a Netgear card, and the LAN was working.

This morning I can't get it working again.  system-config-network is correctly
showing the Netgear setting, but lsmod shows pcnet_cs, so I presume the wrong
driver is being loaded at bootup.  How can I tackle this?

Anne