Wireless PCI card recommendations?

contact51 lew at contact51.com
Thu Jul 13 22:28:23 UTC 2006

> Wireless PCI card recommendations? (Clint Olson)
> From: Clint Olson <colson at sharplabs.com>
> Subject: Wireless PCI card recommendations?
> Hello!
>   I'm looking for a PCI 802.11b wireless card that's Linux compatible.
> Are there compatibility lists that I could look up somewhere, or does
> anyone have any recommendations?
>
> Clint Olson

A few days ago I posted "Wireless PCMCIA" in which I described my
frustrations about installing a wireless PCMCIA card into a Linux laptop.
My coments where mistaken by some as being anti-linux. They weren't intended
that way at all, merely a colourful viewpoint!

However to my delight, the post invoked a tremendous response from which I
gained amazing information (indirectly). In other words I rattled some
cages!
The ultimate result is that I was lead into a whole new World and a
valueable learning experience - now I know and understand a whole lot more
about the Linux OS, no to mention that I eventually got the blasted PCMCIA
card to work!

Try these for starters, and good luck.

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
http://www.tuxmagazine.com/node/1000167