Looking for a laptop

Rikke D. Giles rgiles at centurytel.net
Fri Jul 14 01:30:58 UTC 2006

On 07/13/2006 05:36:13 PM, Louis E Garcia II wrote:

> for laptops designed for linux and found
> http://www.linuxcertified.com/
> Specifically the LC200 series.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this company? Are their other
> companies that provide the same?

Yes, just recently bought two laptops from them (LC2440Ns).  Impeccable
service, good delivery and they provide the software to just make it
work, for it you go and reinstall the OS.  The laptops are really nice
too.  I haven't found any faults with their construction, and only one
minor fault with the stock install on one of the computers (it has the
wrong MAC address for the ethernet card.  I let it probe for the new
address, and all fixed!).

Being a geek, I did go through and figure out what they did, then
reinstalled Fedora and replicated what they did.  I just changed the
install from 'everything' to what I wanted.

I have not found another linux laptop company that constructs the
laptops, so to speak.  There are others which take say, Dells, and
installs the OS on them and makes them work.

Cheers,

Rikke