Firefox hangs with mathml-fonts

Peter Eriksen s022018 at student.dtu.dk
Fri Jul 14 15:01:20 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I have just installed mathml-fonts[1] on FC5 and now firefox
hangs on an XHTML document I have.  I have tried both with
Firefox 1.5.0.1 and 1.5.0.4 from Core.  It even gives that
warning about MathML fonts missing.  Before installing mathml-
fonts, Firefox would just render the document badly.

> strace firefox

does not make any progress when trying to opening the file.
I have tried to search the web[2], but nothing useful came
up.  Do you have any ideas about how to approach this problem?

Regards,

Peter Eriksen

[1] Using right-click -> Open with "Install software" on the
    mathml-fonts RPM from Extras.

[2] gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.extras.general: "mathml-fonts"
    gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general: "mathml-fonts firefox"
    Google: "fedora core 5 firefox mathml-fonts hangs"