Looking for a laptop

J.L. Coenders fedora at universalgrid.nl
Sat Jul 15 19:06:23 UTC 2006

On Friday 14 July 2006 02:36, Louis E Garcia II wrote:
> Linux on laptops is still not a home run. The newer ones from dell, hp,
> toshiba come with hardware still not supported be linux. I was looking
> for laptops designed for linux and found http://www.linuxcertified.com/
> Specifically the LC200 series.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this company? Are their other companies
> that provide the same?
>
> -Thanks

Hi,
I have a Lenovo (ex-IBM) ThinkPad z60m laptop. Basic operation works very
well, FC5 works out of the box, but I havent had time yet to configure/test
the more advanced features yet, such as the ATI video driver and the
fingerprint reader. But ThinkWiki (www.thinkwiki.org) shows promising help.

Regards,
Jeroen