Sony digital camera

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Mon Jul 17 10:24:46 UTC 2006

At 01:52 17/07/2006, you wrote:

>I find that hard to believe.  Perhaps you don't notice any appreciable
>difference, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't *any* loss in
>quality.  That may be important to you later on, if you decide to edit
>files.

I've got an old Olympus digital camera, but the principle is the same
- I don't ever keep files in the .jpg format for the above reason.

What I do is copy all the .jpg files from the smart media card,
select them all, then right-click convert to .png, and delete the
.jpg files. Once I've done that I can work on level adjustments etc.
knowing that I won't lose any image quality.

Dave