Moving from one machine to another

Chris Linton-Ford chris.lintonford at firebox.com
Mon Jul 17 16:22:08 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 15:00 +0100, PFJ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of moving computers at work. All of my email is on
> evolution and my laptop also has evolution.
>
> What do I need to copy over so that I can just fire up evolution and all
> of the bits and pieces will have been transferred?
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul
> --
> "Logic, my dear Zoe, is merely the ability to be wrong with authority" -
> Dr Who

It depends on the version of Evolution - older versions used
~/evolution, newer versions use ~/.evolution. Copy the relevant one
across to the new home, then fire up Evolution. It may then launch a
helper which converts the old format folder to the new format. Keep a
backup of the original folder until you're completely happy that all the
settings have been transferred - Evolution has a number of
idiosyncrasies that can cause problems.

HTH,

Chris