[OT] TOP-POSTING

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jul 18 21:48:55 UTC 2006

Alexander Dalloz schrieb:

> Michael Yep schrieb:
>
>> Sorry I do not know what top posting is. I run Thunderbird 1.5.0.4, and
>> this is the default setup with a signature.
>> I this the incorrect format ?
>>

> No. You provide your additional comment to a previous list posting at
> top of it. That is what top-posting means.

[ ... ]

Sorry, you must think I am mad ;/ You asked "is this incorrect?" and I
said "no" - but explained the opposite. Logically I would have had to
say: yes, it is incorrect. Didn't want to confuse anybody, just did read
too fast.

> Alexander

Alexander

P.S. Maybe this is a good example to show you the difference and the
advantage by not top-posting: my correction is inline and you can easily
see what I like to comment on - even in a month when you find the mail
in a list archive, you will not have to follow a whole thread to quickly
get it.
This demonstration wasn't intended :)