[OT] TOP-POSTING

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Tue Jul 18 22:00:09 UTC 2006

jdow schrieb:

>> The Fedora Wiki has a page with "rules" written down:
>

> Alex, rules are for pedantics, tyrants, Democrats, and religious
> fanatics. Humans should be adaptable. But I do agree that bottom
> posting is somewhat easier to read and should be RECOMMENDED but
> not insisted upon.
>
> {^,-}   Joanne winking and sticking her tongue out in your general
>        direction.

As I read your smiley as a request for comment: there was a reason why I
quoted the word rules when pointing to the wiki page. And the page
content itself reads as "guidelines", which from my reading is not that
strong as "rules" would be. Can a native English speaker agree to this? :)

Kind regards Joanne  (^_~)

Alexander