Browsers and plugins

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Thu Jul 20 15:30:31 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 July 2006 15:45, Ted Gervais wrote:
> I have installed the needed plugins as per the faq sheets and
> instructions from others, and it was all for Mozilla. Or I think it was
> all or only for Mozilla.
>
> Now, when I use Konqueror I am missing Shockware Flash Media and
> Macromedia and others.  I really don't believe that I have to install
> these utilities again but rather I think I need to tell Konqueuror where
> these utils are installed?
>
> Is this correct, and if so how do I do that?
> --
> Ted Gervais
> Coldbrook, Nova Scotia
> Canada b4r1a7

Hi Ted. I can only say what I have in Konqueror on FC2. In Settings >
Configure Konqueror > Plugins, and the Plugins tab. I have.
Plugin           /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

I think all I had to do was, using the "Scan" tab, was to click on the "Scan
for New Plugins" box, making sure that the "Enable plugins globally" box is
checked, and that libflashplayer.so is in the correct mozilla/plugins folder,
as sometimes there is more than one version of mozilla in /usr/lib.

For example, I've just looked in /usr/lib on FC2, and strangely have 9
different versions of Mozilla there. Some with directories/files missing, but
the important ones appear to be the plain old "mozilla" one, which I had put
(or already was there) flashplayer.so, and flashplayer.xpt, in the only
directory there, the plugins one, and the latest version, mozilla-1.7.13,
which contained all the directories, and files, and I put flashplayer.so in
the plugins directory there as well, along with flashplayer.xpt.

All the best. Nigel.