cpu usage

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jul 21 15:45:11 UTC 2006

bruce wrote:
> hi..
>
> i have a test python script running...
>
> can someone tell me how i can see the resource usage..
>
> i did a "top" but i don't see the app..
>
> i started the app --> ./test.py
>
> thanks
>
> -bruce

You can probably do something like "ps ax | grep ./test.py" to get
the pid of the script, and then run "top -p <pid>". You can also run
"ps ax | grep python" to get a list of all the Python scripts
running. In any case, if you use the -p option of top, you can give
it a comma seperated list of pids to watch. If you were shure there
was only one Python script running, you could use something like
"top -p $(/sbin/pidof python)". But this will cause an error if
there is more then one pid. You can not use ./test.py in pidof
because the script itself is not a running program. The program that
is running the script is the running program.

Mikkel