Adobe Flash Player on FC5_64

alan alan at clueserver.org
Sun Jul 23 17:32:42 UTC 2006

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

>> RS> AFAIK, no.  Adobe has never provided a 64-bit Flash player.  It
>> RS> will work if you install a 32-bit browser.
>>
>> Someone is working on this problem, however.
>> http://www.gibix.net/dokuwiki/en:projects:nspluginwrapper
>
> Holy crap, now that's useful.
>
> Jason, have you tried it?  Has anyone else?

Not yet.  Thge Linux flash player is a couple of versions behind the
Windows version.  A pain for visiting some sites.  There are also a couple
of open source flash players, but they only handle old versions and are
pretty buggy at this point.  (One of them eats my AMD64 3700+ for lunch
when trying to play a flash file. Can't remember the name at the moment.
Need more coffee.)

No good solutions at this point.  Maybe now that Adobe has taken over
Macromedia that they will produce a current player.  Or not...

--
"I want to live just long enough to see them cut off Darl's head and
  stick it on a pike as a reminder to the next ten generations that some