alsa busy

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 17:58:37 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 17:39 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:

> Hi Ric.  Anything show up on, ps auxw, that looks like it's using sound? Are
> you able to stop Alsa, then restart it? Then trying the failing apps again.
> # /etc/rc.d.init.d/alsasound stop
> # /etc/rc.s/init.d/alsasound start

I didn't think to try that, and guess what? There was no alsasound
there. I mean how could there not be? Yum is merrily installing away as
I type and that blows my mind. Thanks for the suggestion, that got me to
look were I should have been looking and now I'm installing it. That is
soooo strange. Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256