VIDEO_TS.BUP VIDEO_TS.VOB VTS_01_0.IFO VTS_01_2.VOB VIDEO_TS.BUP VIDEO_TS.VOB VTS_01_0.IFO VTS_01_2.VOB VIDEO_TS.IFO VTS_01_0.BUP VTS_01_1.VOB :(

Heikki Pesonen fossiili at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 06:06:25 UTC 2006

I have old 2*8 and super 8 films I have earlier transferred to computer
using VHS-video. In my recent computer I do not have the analog video input
device. A friend of mine transferred my movies to DVD, and I see them in my
DVD-TV system. So I thought It's as simple as earlier to transfer the data
from the DVD to the computer.

Earlier I used Pinnacle Studio in Windows, which is a very good program to
use, although unstable. But now Pinnacle Studio 9 can not read the files in
the DVD, although they seem to be mpeg-files. In Linux the content of my DVD
is:

[fossiili at localhost JVC_DVD_ROM_PVD]$ ls
VIDEO_TS
[fossiili at localhost JVC_DVD_ROM_PVD]$ cd VIDEO_TS
[fossiili at localhost VIDEO_TS]$ ls
VIDEO_TS.BUP  VIDEO_TS.VOB  VTS_01_0.IFO  VTS_01_2.VOB
VIDEO_TS.IFO  VTS_01_0.BUP  VTS_01_1.VOB
[fossiili at localhost VIDEO_TS]$

I appreciate, if you can tell me some programs I could use
1. to read these VOB-files and transfer them to some common mpeg-format I
could move to vfat and after that process in Windows
2. to edit the files in Fedora Core 5 and write the results to DVD/CD or
VHS.

No wonder, that "Totem was not able to play this disk" - neither could any
program I have in my WindowsXP Home. It does not matter, because a cheap
device with my old TV can do that!