Kickstart

Jim Patterson jim_patterson at comcast.net
Mon Jul 24 11:43:23 UTC 2006

Stephane Jourdan wrote:
> Stuart Sears wrote:
>>> Is there a command line I can  input  during the installation to
>>> tell it the ks file is on an FTP server or at an NFS location if I
>>> start an
>>> installation from CD-ROM?
>>>

> At the cdrom's boot prompt, type something like : linux
> ks=nfs:<server.ip>:/path/to/ks/file.cfg
> And it will load the required file from that nfs share.
>
> Cheers,
> Stef
>>

>> - --
>> Stuart Sears RHCA RHCX
>> Quit worrying about your health.  It'll go away.
>>         -- Robert Orben

Yep that worked.
I wasn't able to get it to boot automatically from the network yet but
this will be a good enough start.  I'll keep working on the network boot
up, but for now this will do.

I'm still trying to figure out why it doesn't boot with the BOOTP
settings given.  I may not have DHCP configured correctly.