VIDEO_TS.BUP VIDEO_TS.VOB VTS_01_0.IFO VTS_01_2.VOB VIDEO_TS.BUP VIDEO_TS.VOB VTS_01_0.IFO VTS_01_2.VOB VIDEO_TS.IFO VTS_01_0.BUP VTS_01_1.VOB :(

Bob Marcan bob.marcan at interstudio.homeunix.net
Wed Jul 26 11:19:59 UTC 2006

Claude Jones wrote:
> On Tuesday July 25 2006 11:42 am, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
>> It's possible that mencoder would be able to convert your VOB files over
>> to an acceptable format.  Mencoder is part of the Mplayer toolbox.  That
>> would be the first thing I would try.  But the first thing you need to
>> do is make sure your VOB files are not encrypted. I haven't gone thru
>> this entire thread so I don't know the exact source of your VOB's, but
>> if they are coming from a store or have been purchased they are probably
>> encrypted and need to be decrypted before editing or conversion.  FC5
>> has sources available for decryption of this type.
>>
>> Assuming that they aren't encrypted, I'd start with mencoder to begin
>> conversion to other video formats.
>
> One thing not mentioned in this thread is the nature of .vob files.
> Essentially, they are mpg2 files with additional meta-data. Some editing
> programs such as Sony's Vegas (from MS land), can deal with them directly on
> the timeline. You might just try using some of the editors available in Linux
> to see if that holds true as well...it's a stretch, but easy to try. This is
> only a suggestion, and maybe someone else has already tried this - I haven't,
> so I have no direct knowledge, except that I've done this in Vegas.

avidemux ( rpmforge )
gopchop ( http://outflux.net/software/pkgs/gopchop )
ffmpeg
mencoder
qdvdauthor

AUDIO_TS
VIDEO_TS
are already proper format to burn a DVD
invoke k3b, select New Video DVD Project,
drag files from VIDEO_TS to K3b VIDEO_TS directory ...

Regards, Bob

  Bob Marcan, Consultant                mailto:bob.marcan at snt.si
  S&T Hermes Plus d.d.                  tel:   +386 (1) 5895-300
  Leskoskova cesta 6                    fax:   +386 (1) 5895-202
  1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia              url:   http://www.snt.si