Cannot Log On

Smith, Herb herb.smith at boeing.com
Thu Jul 27 19:17:04 UTC 2006

________________________________

	From: Randy Wyatt [mailto:rwwyatt01 at gmail.com]
	Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:50 PM
	To: For users of Fedora Core releases
	Subject: Re: Cannot Log On

	On 7/27/06, Smith, Herb <herb.smith at boeing.com> wrote:

		Hi All,

		I have FC5 loaded on a Dell in a dual boot
configuration. It has been
		working fine for months.
		Yesterday when I went to boot the machine (power went
down in a rain
		storm...) and log on, the system booted up fine, FC5
loaded and I got to
		the LogOn page.  When I attempted to log on, all I get
after entering my
		username and password is a blank screen.  All I could do
was cycle the
		power to get it to boot again.  I tried changing the
session to the
		Gnome Save mode and that got me in, but most of my
Launcher names are
		gone...

		Does anyone know what could be causing this and how I
would proceed to
		fix it?

		TIA,

		Herb

	Did you try booting the machine single user?

		To unsubscribe:

	Sorry, not sure what you mean.  It's a dual boot system and GRUB
allows me to choose Windoze XP or FC5, however, when I log on to FC5 I'm
just a single user.

	Herb