Testing mod_perl

Ketut Mahaindra ketut.mahaindra at gemalto.com
Fri Jul 28 07:00:07 UTC 2006

Chong Yu Meng wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 13:30 +0800, Ketut Mahaindra wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> You may try to follow some Apache configuration and test page creation
>> as mentioned in:
>> http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html
>> See the section on Perl almost at the bottom section of the page.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Ito
>>

> Ahh! Thanks Ito!
>
> Actually, I tried the instructions there, but for some reason, I can
> only display the perl source code instead of the results when I open the
> script in a browser using http://servername/printenv.pl
>
> Am I missing some configuration parameter? From the website it appears
> that the script should "just work".
>
> When I do "httpd -l" I get the following:
> [root at aeonflux conf]# httpd -l
> Compiled in modules:
>   core.c
>   prefork.c
>   http_core.c
>   mod_so.c
>
> So, I don't see mod_perl, but that could be irrelevant. Do I need to
> have httpd-devel installed as well?

Hello,

mod_perl is not compiled in, it is a dynamically loadable module, you
may check it if you run <?php phpinfo(); ?> under the "apache2handler"
section - it should be listed under "loaded modules".
As for your problem where the source code was not executed and get
displayed plainly, have you uncomment the line "#AddHandler cgi-script
.cgi" and add ".pl" so that it reads "AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl"
inside the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file ?

Best regards

Ito