WOT: Scripting Question[Scanned]

Laurence Orchard laurence at orchards.org.uk
Fri Jul 28 11:01:28 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 11:40 +0100, Chris Bradford wrote:
> Paul Howarth wrote:

> >> I wouldn't have expected "find" in this command. Wouldn't that be "grep"?
> >>

> > I think the script is running on Windows, where "find" is a close as it
> > gets to grep, and isn't the Unix-like "find" command.
> >
> > Paul.
> >

> Paul,
>
> You are right there, I was hoping to 'reverse engineer' a Unix like
> command, but I'm not having much progress!
>
> -Chris

Why try to reverse engineer it? Why not just use the source?

--
Laurence Orchard

*- This messages has been composed of completely recycled characters. -*
*- Letters from previous messages have been broken down into their    -*
*- constituent bits and then reformed to make shiney, new characters. -*
*- These new characters have then been pre-worn to fit in with your   -*
*- existing characters so they do not unduly stand out.               -*
*- This service is brought to you by Linux OpenSource Recycling,      -*
*- a GPL associate company.                                           -*