Get postgres to accept network connections

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Jul 28 18:17:09 UTC 2006

On Friday 28 July 2006 11:21, Mark Haney wrote:
> gpgkeys: key 6108677D1B5CD002 not found on keyserver
> How do I get postgresql to accept network TCP/IP connections in FC5?
> There's no postmaster.conf file and no option for that in the
> postgresql.conf.

Take a look at:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/runtime-config-connection.html

You need to set listen_addresses in postgresql.conf. I don't think that you
need to also use the -i option based on what the documentation says, but
I don't normally don't run it with network connections enabled and haven't
tested this.
You will probably also have to modify pg_hba.conf to allow people to
successfully authenticate via network connections.