Adding a gimp plugin

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jul 29 15:36:57 UTC 2006

On Saturday 29 July 2006 10:07, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Saturday July 29 2006 4:23 am, Tod Merley wrote:
> > Hi Ann!
> >
> > A guess at this time (no time to sort it out right now) - found with
> > "locate gimp":
> > /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python
> >
> > Hope it helps!
>
> Already tried that one - no go

A reply from Linux Format forum:
<quote>
If you have the gimptool program installed, you can use it to install
Script-Fu scripts. In a terminal window, type gimptool --install-script
file.scm (that's two dashes together). For Python or Perl plug-ins, use
gimptool --install-bin file.

This shortcuts the need to find your GIMP profile..... You'll need gimptool
for installing C plug-ins anyway....
</quote>

I tried it, but got

Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
Error: Couldn't find file to build/install/uninstall

There is a directory /usr/lib/gtk-2.0, so perhaps it's a path problem.  If it
works for you, perhaps you could guide me on this?

Anne