HTTPD configuration problem

Chris Jones linux at stow-jones.co.uk
Sat Jul 29 23:19:36 UTC 2006

Chris Mohler wrote:
> I've never used that tool - always edited the httpd.conf by hand or
> with webmin.
>
> Maybe if you comment out the line trying to load that module, apache
> would start, but you probably need to take at the whole config...
>
> What if you do yum remove httpd, whack httpd.conf and then reinstall?
> I *think* that would give you a default httpd.conf again.  I always
> make a copy of it before editing - that really helps when I bork
> things...
>
> Just my guess - not sure if removing httpd would affect other
> configs/files though...
>
> Good luck,
> Chris

I had tried that already. The re-install sets up httpd.conf correctly
with the correct modules, but as soon as the configuration tool saves
the changes, it changes all the modules to incompatible (and
non-existant) names. I am beginning to think that there is a bug in the
configuration tool.

Anyone agree?

--
Chris Jones