KMix volume sliders

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at panet.co.yu
Sun Jul 30 21:23:05 UTC 2006

On Saturday 29 July 2006 23:51, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>     I have an Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 in my system running FC5.
[snip]
> Wave Center, Wave LFE, Wave Surround,    Master, Headphone, Bass, Treble
> (which incidentally don't do anything either one), 3D Control Sigmatel -
> Depth, PCM, Center, LFE, PC Speaker, and AC97.  Under the Input tab
> there's a whole slew of sliders, and under Switches tab there are a few
> more.

I second this. What are all these sliders for? Any decent docs about the
function of each? (here 'decent' means that I want more detail then "3D
Control Sigmatel - Depth slider is used for controlling the depth of the 3D
Sigmatel"...) How to make them all work? Why is the PCM slider not linear?
(the volume is practically off from bottom to approx. 3/4 of the slider, then
increases exponentially...)

And also, I think I counted more sliders in alsamixer then in kmix (but don't
hold my word for it). Why is that? And is the number of sliders in alsamixer
varying sometimes or is it just me (again... :-) ...)?

Best regards, :-)
Marko