FC5 hangs for no detectable reason

Thomas Fischer tvfischer.l at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 06:04:32 UTC 2006

All,

I recently upgraded my FC4 installation (last week to be precise) to
FC5. I have installed all the updates for FC5. It is installed on a DELL
Latitude c610.

My problem is that after a given period of time - which varies, it can
be 10 minutes or many hours. The system just hangs/freezes. I get no
keyboard/mouse or screen response and I can't go into the console to
check for a panic. No errors are shown in the logs.

Since it really is random, I am unable to reproduce it. Can anyone give
me some ideas on how I might capture an error condition to find out what
is doing this?

thanks

   --t