[Fedora] KMix volume sliders

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Jul 31 19:43:08 UTC 2006

    I'm revisiting this because there didn't seem to have been any
suggestions as to a possible fix.  Marko seconded the multitude of
sliders and commented on the linear versus exponential volume slider,
while Tim pointed out that you really do want a logarithmic slider, not
linear.  But, we still don't have a solution for my initial problem
posted below.  And I'd also like to add something else I noticed today:
SB Live! has two speaker outputs, labeled channel 1 and 2.   Under XP, I
can get both channels to work simultaneously (and thus allowing me to
use 2 sets of speakers.)  But no amount of slider configuration or
turning on or off of the little red and green indicators would output
sound on the second channel - everything's on the first one.  So...is
that another undocumented "feature"?  Something missing?

----- begin original message -----

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.