fc5 hangs

David L idht4n at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 4 00:38:38 UTC 2006

>>[snip]

I think I've discovered an important clue.?  I noticed the time
was frequently way off when this problem occurred, so I tried
cat /proc/interrupts | grep timer

The timer interrupt is incrementing very slowly.  Instead of
1000 Hz it's incrementing about once or twice per minute.  What
would cause that?  I had ntpd running, but I killed it.

Thanks...
                    David