GDM problem: Autologin not working

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jun 11 21:01:57 UTC 2006

Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I updated to the very latest version of GDM to automatically log in to a
> user account. But instead of auto-logging in, the bootup does it's usual
> thing and then I see a black screen with a small text box that says:
>
> Automatic login (user)
> Password:
>
> And then if I type in the password, the login proceeds as usual. Is this
> an "undocumented feature" of the new GDM? :-)

> Gilbert Sebenste
> ********

This is a bug pointed out earlier by an earlier poster that described
the problem. You are seeing the normal GDM login screen.

Configuration for the development version of GDM is totally busted. Wait
for a fixed version for FC5.

Jim

--
"If I do not return to the pulpit this weekend, millions of people will
go to hell."