Timed and automatic login not longer automatic

Eric Brunson brunson at brunson.com
Mon Jun 12 03:24:09 UTC 2006

Jim Cornette wrote:

> I doubt this is intentional. It is a gnome program, so they might be
> protecting us from our own desires. I've never attended a gnome
> sermon, but it sure must be enlightening.
>
> The changelog for gdm in development doe not state intentional
> breakage via the gnome think tank. It only references early-login
> improvements.
>
> Try removing rhgb from the kernel parameter ling in grub and add
> early-login instead.
>

>  rpm -q --changelog gdm |grep auto
> - Make early-login work with timed and automatic logins
> - automake14 really needed, not automake
> - fix build with current auto*
> - put gdm-autologin pam config file in file list, hope
> - automatic rebuild
>
> Jim

Thank you, Jim, for being a voice of reason.  I should give the benefit
of the doubt before getting that annoyed.

I disabled rhgb and added early-login, that by itself didn't get past
the password requirement.  Aren't there init scripts that early-login
requires?  I'm having yum search for anything with "early" in it, but no
dice so far, I'll do some googling to make sure I'm not overlooking
something before filing a bugzilla.