SOLVED: error ClamAV daemon

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jun 12 20:19:37 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 21:04 +0200, Peter Lesterhuis wrote:

> > ith SELinux in permissive mode clamd started without problem.
> > > In the graphical configuration tool of SELinux I found SELinux Service Protection; there I only had to check clamd.
> > > Clamd is now also running in enforced mode (SELinux).
> >

> > Can you post the output of:
> >
> > # getsebool -a | grep clam
> >
> > I suspect all you've done is turn off SELinux protection of clamd (by
> > setting the clamd_disable_trans boolean). If that's the case, there is a
> > better way but it'll need more work.
> # getsebool -a | grep clam
> clamd_disable_trans --> on
> clamscan_disable_trans --> off
> freshclam_disable_trans --> off
>
> As you can see I am afraid that is the case.

To fix it "properly" you'd need to put SELinux in permissive mode, turn
off the clamd_disable_trans boolean and then find the "avc:  denied"
messages mentioning clamd in your log files when you start and use the
service. By looking at those messages, we can figure out what's wrong
and hopefully fix it.

Paul.