ATI locks up too :-(.

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Wed Jun 14 02:19:43 UTC 2006

Not to be left out, the 2133 kernel with the livna 2133 fglrx
ATI driver installed locks up my system too. Maybe the Nvidia
lockups in another thread aren't unique :-).

This only happens for me with the x86_64 boot partition on my system.
I also have i386 installed, and with it updated to 2133 and
latest livna drivers, there is no problem.

Details of my system: Dual core amd64 (maybe the kernel module
wasn't built with smp turned on? - just a random thought for the
"check the dumb stuff first" category :-).

ATI X700 PCIE video card.

I switched to the radeon driver a while back because the fglrx driver
started hard hanging the system anytime the X server exited, but now
it hard hangs anytime the X server starts, so I'm back to radeon
driver again :-).

As always, I had none of these problems with i386, only with x86_64.