How vulnerable can it be?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jun 24 02:00:39 UTC 2006

Leon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Following the 'yum updates' thread, I have a concern about the
> security of FC under this condition:

My opinion.
> [1] Yum update every month.
More frequently would be better.

> [2] SELinux set to enforced
It is safer for correct install to set SELinux to permissive during
updates. There could be issues with %post and %pre scriptlets when
running rpm, yum or other dep solver/installers.

> [3] Only ssh is open.
I turn off ssh completely. (No need for remote login)
Disabling root logins is best if it is active.

> Thank you!

Jim

--
District of Columbia pedestrians who leap over passing autos to escape
injury, and then strike the car as they come down, are liable for any