several discrepancies with new -2139 kernel.

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Jun 27 14:57:36 UTC 2006

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Ed Greshko wrote:
>> Gene Heskett wrote:
>>
>>> and this goddamned touchpad on this lappy cannot be disabled, so parts
>>> of the above line got overwritten when it decided to move the cursor
>>> without bothering to advise me.  If someone can advise me on howto
>>> disable it, I'll send them a jug of a local wine we think is pretty good
>>> for a commodity wine.
>>
>> My procedure involves a set of screw drivers and an Xacto knife.  Do, I
>> still get the wine?  :-)
>>
>> Ed
>>
> If it works!

(1) Check the BIOS.  There may be a setting to enable/disable the touchpad
or the pointing stick.

(2) Try removing the syanptics RPM.  I'm not sure what that leaves you
with, possibly a touchpad that moves the cursor but doesn't scroll or tap.

(3) See /usr/share/doc/synaptics*/ and man synaptics.  (In particular,
check out the suggestively named TouchpadOff parameter.)  If what bothers
you is accidental tapping when you are typing, man syndaemon.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu