Fedora Core 5 LDAP client authentication problem with Solaris 9 iPlanet LDAP Server

ay0my no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Thu Jun 1 03:00:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

I did tried login using FTP by starting the vsFTPd in the Fedora 5 server. It still doesn't allow me to login. It said "530 login incorrect, login failed".

I actually disable SElinux and Firewall too in Fedora 5 but it still does not help. I only did a simple configuration by using the "setup" menu and point to a Solaris 9 LDAP server.

The ldap.conf file is as follows.

#SIZELIMIT      12
#TIMELIMIT      15
#DEREF          never
HOST 165.70.35.12
BASE dc=sf,dc=vp,dc=edu,dc=sg
TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts

I did however manage to setup a Fedora 4 ldap client using the same configuration and does not have any problem.

Some how, it does not work for Fedora 5. I'm lost on how to further troubleshoot the problem as I have limited ldap knowledge.

Regards,
Mun Yin

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org