oops in kernel

Richard Pickett Richard.Pickett at CSRTechnologies.com
Thu Jun 1 06:13:10 UTC 2006

Update on the oops. I was working at 1:07 this morning and just decided
to watch what would happen on the top. It ran like normal. I did notice
some update scripts getting executed, some having to do with selinux. My
initial guess is still that this is cron firing something off that
whacks out.

I got the same oops email like "normal".

One thing I forgot to mention in the first email, the kernel that is now
running is from feb of this year. If the server hadn't been rebooted in
4 months the current kernel was yum-installed but hadn't been ran until
it just rebooted a few days ago. My guess is the old kernel/drivers
played nice and the new one exhibits this problem *or* the old kernel
just didn't email out oops, but the new one does.

Richard W. Pickett, Jr.
President, CSR Technologies .com, Inc.
Richard.Pickett at CSRTechnologies.com
Office - (270) 746-0324