A simple question on copy/paste

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jun 1 13:50:05 UTC 2006

Stephen Liu <satimis <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> Occasionally I printed technical documents on Internet as .ps file.
> However I was unable to copy/paste their content on .txt file without
> going through a long way, treating them as graphic file.  Conversion
> .ps -> .pdf -> .html was not alway working perfectively without error.
> The version of Acroread (Acrobat Reader) running on this box does not
> have text-selecting function.  Saving technical documents on Internet
> is sometimes prohibitted.

In KPDF, you can select a rectangle with the right mouse button and then
copy&paste its contents as text or image. (KPDF also has an option to ignore
the DRM restrictions, in case the PDF doesn't actually want you to copy text
out of it, though using that is probably illegal at least in the US under the
DMCA.)

        Kevin Kofler