OT: SF look alike

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 04:22:23 UTC 2006

Wow, GForge is really powerful.  It is exactly what I am looking for.

The install is complicated and will take some time.  One huddle I have to to
get around is the lack of access to DNS.  I can add host names but not
domains.  For example the server name could be gforge.mysite.mycompany.com,
the install document says to create lists.gforge.mysite.mycompany.com,
users.gforge.mysite.mycompany.com and
projects.gforge.mysite.mycompany.combut I can not add lists, users nor
projects because I can not add a domain.

Do you know where I can get RHEL RPM packages?  The site listed in the
install guide is an old version.

I am currently on page 11 of the install guide and it took me 3 hours to get
there.  Once I have it running it will very nice.

Thank you.  I will have to join a support list for I know I will have lots
of questions.

Thanks again,
    Jamie

On 6/1/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 05:54 -0600, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> > My company is splitting into 4 different companies and our internal
> > Source Forge server is going with on of them - ARG!  I really hate to
> > see SF go, I fought to keep and lost.  I have googled around and have
> > found applications that do this or that but non come even close to SF
> > abilility.  SF rocks!
> >
> > I am looking for a SF equivalent and was wondering if any one know of
> > one.  I have run across Eventum and like it but it seems to be missing
> > a few features I need.  I would like something that can track issues,
> > save supporting documentation files, CVS like revision control,
> > ability to update issues via email, some type of reporting and if it
> > could track tasks separate from issues that would be icing on the
> > cake.
> >

> http://gforge.org/ is a fork of the earlier open source version of SF.
>
> Rahul
>
> --