mime and nautilus

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sat Jun 3 00:56:50 UTC 2006

Rob Brown-Bayliss writes:

> Hi, I am getting the following errors on FC5, for all image types, videos,
>
> The filename "map2.jpg" indicates that this file is of type "jpg
> document".

No, it doesn't.  Only broken mail clients assume that all files with the
extension ".jpg" are JPEG images.

Correct mail clients use the attachment's MIME type to determine its
contents.  A MIME attachment whose content-type is "image/jpeg" would be a
JPEG image.

> And fro PDF friles I get this:
>
> Unhandled MIME type: 'application/x-extension-pdf'

The correct MIME type for a PDF file is "application/pdf".

> Where would I start looking to fix this?

Fix whatever broken mail client is generating messages with these
attachments.