Host Internet Address Problem

under.actuate at gmail.com under.actuate at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 01:01:02 UTC 2006

OK.  Here's what I got.

# hostname
> computer_name

# host computer_name
> Host computer_name not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

So, I suppose Comcast didn't populate their DNS entry appropriately.  I
tried this.

# host 127.0.0.1
> 1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer localhost.

And

# host localhost
> localhost has address 127.0.0.1
   Host localhost not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
   Host localhost not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

So, do I complain to Comcast?  Will they repopulate their DNS shortly?  From
this I'm getting that, in the past, Comcast didn't give me a hostname.  Then
they decided to give me one, except they screwed everything up.  Is there
any way I can go in and manually set up the hostname and such?

By the way, how do I change the machine's name?

Also, I attempted the other method suggested and didn't get any success.