FC5 Always Cups

Antonio Montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 04:27:17 UTC 2006

2006/6/4, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:
> On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 00:20 +0200, Antonio Montagnani wrote:

> > > What configuration tool do you recommend?
> > >

> > Tim,
> >
> > I assume that Craig means the graphical printer configuration toolf of
> > Fedora under Desktop/Adminstration/Printer
> ----
> that's the one that I will typically use and it seems to be very much
> improved in FC-5.
>
> The point though is, I am quite sure that cups-config-daemon has a
> purpose but I'll be damned if I ever learn what it is. It does cream
> edits by other programs so it is typically off on my systems. Also, it
> seems that if you use cups web http://localhost:631 and then switch to
> system-config-printer and back and forth between setup utilities, things
> don't seem to benefit.
>
> I am not by any stretch a cups expert and I was hoping that someone else
> would pipe up with a solution for Antonio but stuck my neck out with the
> little understanding of what has worked for me.
>
> Craig
>
> --

Another point against cups-config-daemon

Each time I rebooted the machine a ml-1610--1 printer (the USB
SAMSUNG)  was added as connected to some hal driver, even if I had
already defined it!!! I had two USB printers on computer but only one
wired to the machine...

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag