screen saver and screen lock will not work on FC5

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin06 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 4 11:23:01 UTC 2006

Ed Greshko wrote:

>Kevin Kofler wrote:
>

>>Erik Hemdal <ehemdal <at> townisp.com> writes:
>>

>>>This will happen if you are logged in as root.  When the screensaver
>>>runs as user root, it acts as though no one is logged on and that the
>>>screen therefore should not be locked.
>>>

>>Huh? That's horribly broken. KDE's kscreensaver can lock the screen for root
>>just fine.

Occurring as regular user here, too.
Or, at least, the screensaver does not begin and lock screen if I just
walk away from the machine.
If I manually lock the session by choosing this option from KMenu or
right click on the desktop,
it is now functioning.  I couple of days ago, it was not.
No idea what changed that.

--
Anthony Baldwin
Translator / Court Qualified Interpreter / Certified English Teacher

http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
English, Français, Español & Português
860-399-7118 / 860-235-8233