screen saver and screen lock will not work on FC5

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin06 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 4 19:14:34 UTC 2006

>I guess I should insert the standard disclaimer that one should not log in
>as root.  But it's possible to do that, and when you do under GNOME, the
>screen will not lock.

I might add...logging in as root, and then walking away from the machine
seems even more questionable.

Nonetheless, I am interested in the outcome of this thread, since, even
logged in as joeuser,
my KDE screensaver will not start and lock the screen.  If I walk away
and come back to the
machine hours later, my desktop is still showing, and the screen is not
locked.
I have to manually choose to lock the screen, either in KMenu or
right-click on the desktop.
Then screensaver starts and screen locks.
But I´d rather have this come on in 5minutes, as I have configured it to
supposedly do.

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin
Translator / Court Qualified Interpreter / Certified English Teacher

http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
English, Français, Español & Português
860-399-7118 / 860-235-8233