numlock key

PHD phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Mon Jun 5 07:03:16 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 02:06 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Where did you get numlockx from?  The package in extras doesn't put
> anything in /usr/X11R6/bin/.  The extras package, which you get if you
> install with yum will add a shell script in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/
> that will start up numlockx when you start X.

Hi,

Normal repository. But right, the line I add in my bash_profile is
wrong. I dont know how I did the testing, sorry about that.

Just checked, and I have numlockx.sh under xinitrc.d/. But this does not
work for me. I still have to activate the numlock button by myself.  No
error message in logs, nothing.

By the way, launching the shell manually (under root) works.

I will try again from scratch, cleaning my profile. But as my password
to login contains number, I know that numlockx does not work for me
because I have to activate it at the login screen every time.

Philippe