numlock key

PHD phd2 at fcomfrench.com
Mon Jun 5 07:09:36 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 02:06 -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Where did you get numlockx from?  The package in extras doesn't put
> anything in /usr/X11R6/bin/.  The extras package, which you get if you
> install with yum will add a shell script in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/
> that will start up numlockx when you start X.
>
> If you used yum to install, then you must have another repo that's
> providing the numlockx package and not doing as good a job of it as
> the extras package. :)

Confirmed. Did it from reboot. Numlockx is on when we see the grub
screen to choose the kernel, then is off back to terminal boot screen,
and stay off until the login screen.

Permissions are ok

$ ls -l
total 16
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   27 Aug 29  2005 numlockx.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1579 Feb 16 21:50 xinput.sh
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root   81 Feb 12 15:10 xmbind.sh

$ rpm -q numlockx
numlockx-1.0-9.fc5